베네딕트 컴버배치의 사과문

2015.04.24 12:51

겨자 조회 수:3992

베네딕트 컴버베치는 colored people 이란 단어를 PBS와의 인터뷰에서 썼는데, 이 colored people이란 단어에 대해서 아래와 같이 사과했습니다.

I'm devastated to have caused offense by using this outmoded terminology. I offer my sincere apologies. I make no excuse for my being an idiot and know the damage is done. I can only hope this incident will highlight the need for correct usage of terminology that is accurate and inoffensive. The most shaming aspect of this for me is that I was talking about racial inequality in the performing arts in the U.K. and the need for rapid improvements in our industry when I used the term. […]

I feel the complete fool I am and while I am sorry to have offended people and to learn from my mistakes in such a public manner please be assured I have. I apologize again to anyone who I offended for this thoughtless use of inappropriate language about an issue which affects friends of mine and which I care about deeply.

이와 관련, The Atlantic은 아래 기사에서, 사과문이 갖춰야할 것들을 논합니다. 왜 내가 한 짓이 잘못이었나. 이것이 어떻게 사람들에게 영향을 미쳤나. 내가 어떻게 앞으로 더 잘할 수 있는가. 최소한 이런 것들을 사과에 넣을 수 있다. 이렇게 함으로써 사과하는 사람은 자기의 잘못을 지울 순 없지만, 자기가 자기의 행동에 대해 잘못이라고 생각했음을 보여줄 수 있다.  

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/01/benedict-cumberbotched/384871/

무릇 사과문이라는 것은 이렇게 쓰는 것이 아닐까 합니다. 

XE Login