인생살아가면서 잭니콜슨 같은 입장 많이 보고 많이 격게 됩니다.

인생사가 궂은일 서로 하지않으려고 하면서 누가 해주길 바라는사람들 너무나 많이 봅니다. 설령 그일을 나서서 해주지만 그 사람들은 고마움을 모르며 변호는 꿈도 못꾸는거죠.

진실을 왜 잭니콜슨같은 사람들이 모르겠습니까?

현실은 냉혹한것입니다. 여줍잖은 진실타령 하지말고 지금 네가 있는자리에서 네가 해야될일만 하라고 강요합니다. 그런 와중에 이 영화에서처럼 이런일 당하면 혼자서 해쳐나가야 되는데 톰크루즈같은 신임젊은장교에게 그런걸 이해시킨다는건 불가능에 가깝죠.

Jessep: I'll answer the question. You want answers?
하겠네, 대답이 필요한가?

Lieutenant Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to them.
들을 권리가 있습니다

Jessep: You want answers?!
대답을 원하냐구

Lieutenant Kaffee: I want the truth!
진실을 원합니다!

Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
넌 진실을 감당 못해!

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.

우리는 무장경비와 벽으로 둘러싸인 곳에 살고 있다. 누가 그곳을 지키겠나? 자네? 와인버그 중위? 내 책임이 얼마나 막중한지 너희들은 몰라 산티아고를 동정하며 해병을 욕하지 차라리 모르는게 속 편해 그의 죽음은 안된 일이지만, 다른 목숨을 살렸어 나는 괴상하고 괴팍하지만 내가 있기에 당신들이 사는거야, 말은 안하지만 당신들은 내가 벽을 지키기를 원해 나를 필요로 한다구! 

We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

당신들은 명예, 신조, 충성 같은 말들을...  장난할 때나 쓰지만... 우린 그게 생명이야

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!

내가 지켜준 자유의 이불을 덮고 자는 사람에게...  내 임무수행에 대해... 길게 얘기할 필요를 못느끼네, 감사나 표하고 물러가게. 아님 총들고 보초를 서든지 어쨌든 네 잘나빠진, 권리엔 관심 없어

Lieutenant Kaffee: Did you order the "code red?"
코드 레드를 명령하셨습니까?

Jessep: I did the job I was --
그래, 제대로 맞혔군, 했다!

■ 사족 : 예전에 몇편 올렸던 글입니다. 명대사에 빠져보시기 바랍니다.

시리즈 순서
1.어퓨굿맨
2.크림슨타이드
3.월스트리트
4.킹덤오브헤븐
5.줄리어스 시저

XE Login