코로나19 백신에 대한 잡다한 읽을거리입니다. 발췌문을 번역할 시간이 없었던 점 이해해 주시기 바랍니다.

1. FDA 승인을 받은 화이자 백신의 상표명 Comirnaty는 커뮤니스트와 일루미나티의 합성어가 아니라 COVID-19, 커뮤니티, 이뮤니티, mRNA을 조합한 단어라고 합니다. (비즈니스 인사이더 기사)

2. Comirnaty 제품 설명서 참조하시고요.

3. FDA 승인이 나도 부작용에 대해 화이자를 고소할 수 없습니다. (미국, CNBC 기사)

In February, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar invoked the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act. The 2005 law empowers the HHS secretary to provide legal protection to companies making or distributing critical medical supplies, such as vaccines and treatments, unless there’s “willful misconduct” by the company. The protection lasts until 2024.

That means that for the next four years, these companies “cannot be sued for money damages in court” over injuries related to the administration or use of products to treat or protect against Covid.

4. 화이자의 FDA 승인과 면책 조건에 관련된 최근 논쟁에 관한 기사입니다. (미국, 워싱턴포스트)

요약: 한 과학자가 화이자의 FDA 승인은 눈속임이고, 현재 배포 중인 화이자-바이오텍 백신은 Comirnaty 상표명이 붙어있지 않기 때문에 '긴급사용승인'에 동반되는 면책조건이 유지된다고 주장했습니다. 기사 내용은, Comirnaty는 현재 배포중인 화이자-바이오텍이 맞지만, 위의 Public Readiness and Emergency Act 때문에 면책조건은 어쨌든 유지된다는 것입니다. 결론적으로, 긴급사용승인이든 승인이든 2024년까지는 아무도 화이자를 고소할 수 없습니다.

5. 기사에 언급된 과학자의 트위터입니다. 본인이 부정확했던 내용은 이미 정정했으며 위의 기사도 언급했습니다. 어쨌든 화이자 고소가 안된다는 건 사실입니다.

6. 코로나19 백신에 의한 피해자는 '연방 백신 프로그램'의 도움도 받지 못한다는 기사입니다. (미국, KHN)

Thirty-five years ago, Congress created the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, known as the vaccine court, for children hurt by routine immunizations administered as a condition of school entry — “injured recruits in the war on infectious disease,” as Georgetown University bioethicist Leroy Walters once described them.

Since it began operations in 1988, the vaccine court has paid more than $4 billion to over 8,000 families who could provide a “preponderance of evidence” that vaccines against diseases like measles and pertussis hurt their kids. The court also covers vaccine injuries in pregnant women, and from the flu vaccine. But it does not cover aftereffects from covid vaccines.

7. 위의 기사에서 부작용을 언급하고 있는 부분입니다.

Angela Marie Wulbrecht jumped at the first chance to get a covid-19 vaccine, driving three hours from her Santa Rosa, California, home to a mass-vaccination site on Jan. 19. Twelve minutes after her Moderna shot, she stumbled into the paramedic tent with soaring blood pressure and a racing heartbeat. And so began a calvary of severe fatigue, brain fog, imbalance and other symptoms that are still with her eight months later.

Wulbrecht, 46, had been a nurse for 23 years before the shot. She was healthy, ate a vegan diet and was an accomplished salsa dancer. Since January she’s had to leave her job and missed out on many activities with her husband and 12-year-old daughter, Gabriella. She has spent about $35,000 on out-of-pocket medical bills, despite having insurance.

She’s in a Facebook group created for people reporting grievous covid vaccine-related neurological issues. It was launched by Dr. Danice Hertz, a retired gastroenterologist in Santa Monica, California, who has been diagnosed post-vaccination with mast cell activation syndrome, a rare condition in which part of the immune system goes haywire.

Hertz got her first Pfizer-BioNTech shot on Dec. 23, shortly after the Food and Drug Administration authorized the vaccine. Within 30 minutes she suffered terrible numbness and pain in her face and tongue and “felt vibrations going through my whole body,” she said.

More than 90% of the 150 people in the Facebook group are women, Hertz said. She is careful to keep what she terms anti-vaccine “riffraff” off the list, but she said many of the injured people have been frustrated at being unable to get a diagnosis or find doctors who understand the nature of their injuries.

8. 위에 언급된 brain fog, fatigue 등은 레딧의 r/covidvaccinated 서브에서 가장 흔하게 언급되는 부작용 중 몇 가지 입니다.

9. 백신 접종 후 월경에 문제가 생기는 경우가 생각보다 많음을 보여주는 기사입니다. (영국, 스펙테이터 기사)

10. 한편, 화이자 CEO는 코로나 백신을 매년 맞는게 좋겠다고 생각한답니다. (비즈니스 인사이더 기사) 화이자 사장 입장에서는 당연한 일이 아닐까 싶습니다.

11. 화이자와 각국의 계약(갑질)에 대한 기사입니다. (뷰로 오브 인베스티게이티브 저널리즘)

요약: 부작용이 일어나더라도 각국 정부가 알아서 해결해야지 화이자를 고소할 수는 없다는 면책조항은 일단 기본이고 법적 분쟁에 대비해서 대사관 건물 등을 담보로 잡을 것을 요구하고 있다는 내용입니다.

Most governments are offering indemnity – protection against legal liability – to the vaccine manufacturers supplying their doses. This means that a citizen who suffers an adverse effect after being vaccinated can file a claim against the manufacturer, but, if successful, the government would pay the compensation.

However, Pfizer wanted additional protections, meaning that the company would not have to pay up itself if held liable for rare adverse effects or its own acts of negligence, fraud or malice: the government would pay its costs instead.

Pfizer also asked Brazil and Argentina to put up sovereign assets, which might include embassy buildings or military bases, as collateral against the cost of future legal cases.

12. 거대제약회사와 FDA의 회전문 인사를 비판하는 2019년의 기사입니다. (더 힐)

But what happens when government leaders leave Washington for cushy jobs on corporate boards? Former Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Scott Gottlieb is just the latest administration official to go through the revolving door after his second tour at the FDA. Gottlieb recently resigned from his spot as the top federal drug regulator to take on a role at Pfizer—the top drug producer in the United States. The move came with a nice cash bonus as well, as stock options doubled the former commissioner’s income to upwards of $330,000.

12. FDA 패스트트랙 승인에 대해 우려하는 2015년의 기사입니다. (바이스)

13. 트럼프가 지지자들에게 백신 맞으라 했다가 야유를 받았다는 기사입니다. (CNN)

14. 참고로 트럼프는 지금 트위터, 구글 페이스북을 상대로 '검열'에 대한 소송 중인데, 소위 '백신 반대' 내러티브에 대해 플랫폼 차원의 광범위한 검열이 이루어지고 있는 것에 대한 불만이 높아지고 있는 상황에서 타이밍을 잘 잡았다고 생각합니다. (BBC) 대중이 그 교묘함에 빠져들지 않는게 가능할 지는 잘 모르겠네요.

15. 에릭 클랩튼이 백신 BS를 끝내라는 노래를 발표했는데 띵작이라는 소식입니다.

This has gotta stop
Enough is enough
I can't take this BS any longer

It's gone far enough
If you wanna claim my soul
You'll have to come and break down this door

16. 며칠전 하버드 메디컬 스쿨 교수이자 전염병학자인 Martin Kulldorff 의 트윗이 화제가 되었다고 합니다. 아래와 같은 트윗을 했다가 박식한 네티즌들의 반박을 많이 받았다는 내용이고, 이를 다룬 기사입니다. (뉴스위크)

17. 이분이'극우가 가장 좋아하는 신문'이라는 에포크 타임즈와 인터뷰를 했는데, 코로나19 및 백신과 관련해서 매우 중요한 인터뷰 중 하나라고 생각합니다. 제 생각에는 에포크 타임즈와 인터뷰를 한 것이 이분의 정치적 입장이라기 보다는 백신에 관한 한 메인스트림에서 한가지 내러티브만 허용되어 있는 현재의 상황 때문에 중요한 논의가 극우 플랫폼에서 이루어지게 되었다고 생각합니다. (에포크 타임즈, transcript 有)

결론은 현재의 백신 강제 및 락다운이 얼마나 자연면역, 공중보건의 기본을 무시하고 있는 것인지에 대한 내용이며, 고위험군 이외에 백신을 강제해서는 안된다는 것입니다. 흥미로운 것은, 현재 지나칠 정도의 방역과 백신 강제로 화제가 되고 있는 오스트레일리아가 왜 그런 상황에 처하게 되었는지를 설명하는 부분인데, 봉쇄 및 지리적 위치(남반구) 때문에 첫번째 웨이브에서 운좋게 피해를 많이 안 입었기 때문에 자연면역이 많이 없을 수 있다는 것입니다. 때문에 이후 웨이브에서 더 많은 피해를 입을 수 있기 때문에 어쩔 수 없이 극단적인 방역이 이루어지고 있는 것이 아닐까 싶고, 이는 초기 웨이브를 방역으로 성공적으로 막은 우리나라도 어느 정도 해당되는 이야기가 아닐까 싶습니다.

아래는 발췌인데 웬만하면 전문을 읽어보시길 추천드립니다.

To me, as a public health scientist, it’s stunning that we suddenly threw out these principles we have used for decades to deal with public health issues. One is, public health is about all health outcomes. It’s not just about one disease like COVID. You can’t just focus on COVID and then ignore everything else. That goes against how we do public health.

Those who are pushing these vaccine mandates and vaccine passports—vaccine fanatics, I would call them—to me they have done much more damage during this one year than the anti-vaxxers have done in two decades. I would even say that these vaccine fanatics, they are the biggest anti-vaxxers that we have right now. They’re doing so much more damage to vaccine confidence than anybody else.

We now know that in young people, including children, Pfizer and similar vaccines can cause myocarditis, which is an inflammation of the heart. That’s something we would like to avoid. So it’s not at all clear for children, what is the balance of the pros and the cons of these vaccines? So, there could, of course, be another adverse reaction that we don’t know about yet. So to vaccinate children at this point doesn’t make sense. You asked about the cutoffs and I don’t know where that is, because it’s sort of a gradual thing. It’s clear cut on these two ends, but the middle is less clear.

But there was censoring by Twitter, by Facebook and by Google-owned YouTube. So as a simple [inaudible] scientist, it was a bit of a shock to suddenly be in such a situation. I thought I would be a simple scientist for the rest of my career, and then I would retire. So it’s a very strange situation to be in, but that’s what happened.

I don’t understand how a university can demand and require a young student—who probably had COVID and they have natural immunity—to take the vaccine. Even if they haven’t had COVID, they are at a very small risk, but they are forced to take the vaccine if they want to go the university, while there are older people around the world who have not had the chance to get this vaccine yet.

그런데, 하버드 메디컬 스쿨의 역학자도 '주류' 의견이 아니면 '과학'이 아닌가요?

18. CDC가 '자연면역'의 중요성을 축소하고 있다는 존스홉킨스 교수인 Marty Makary 인터뷰입니다.

19. 백신 여권에 대한 음모론스러운 기사입니다. (Unlimited Hangout) 걸러읽으셔야 할 것 같지만 백신 여권이 의료정보 침해로 이어질 가능성에 대해서는 생각해보셔야 할 것 같습니다. (이미 다들 인식하고 계신데 제가 뒷북치는 것일 수도 있네요)

20. 때마침 우리나라에서도 논의가 이루어지고 있네요. 보건의료 정보 활용 vs 유출에 대한 시사인 기사입니다. (시사인)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 제 트위터 부계입니다. [3] DJUNA 2023.04.01 28336
공지 [공지] 게시판 관리 원칙. 엔시블 2019.12.31 46869
공지 [공지] 게시판 규칙, FAQ, 기타등등 DJUNA 2013.01.31 357017
117227 오징어게임 1화를 보고 [4] 사팍 2021.09.26 556
117226 한길로 쭉 걸어보는게 소원 [2] 가끔영화 2021.09.26 276
117225 유투브에서 또 기인을 한분 발견했습니다. [1] Lunagazer 2021.09.25 769
117224 화장실 청소 잡담(더러움주의) [1] 메피스토 2021.09.25 576
117223 출생률이 마이너스인데 [3] 청색 2021.09.25 586
117222 쓸데없는 잡지식 [9] daviddain 2021.09.25 479
117221 디아블로 2가 부활했군요. [8] Lunagazer 2021.09.25 447
117220 보이스 잘만들었어요. [2] woxn3 2021.09.25 440